Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11-Best Day Ever Again! / Skyler's Birthday / I Went to the Wrong Family's Reunion. . .I don't know where my family is / I don't know what to title this

Today was Skyler's birthday and one of the funnest (most fun?) days I have ever had!!! I drove up to Logan (which is really pretty and green) and met up with his mom. She's great, by the way! Then the two of us went up to Camp Limabean (that's what I decided to call it) for his family reunion.

Uh, okay, his family is like super awesome! His sister is way cute, fun, and talented. His mom is funny, kind, and amazing. His dad is like. . .Clint Eastwood. (?)

Anyway, when I first got there I was roped into a game of volleyball which was torturous for everyone, I'm sure. I didn't get a picture, so I drew one.
This is a simplified version. .there were a lot more people present.
It was still fun :) But here comes the real pictures. There are many, so be prepared.






Swinging! I could actually do that.


Look at how cute! This kid is a total card.

Also cute.

They put money and candy in a big ol' pile of sawdust and we all dug around for it. It was way fun :)

Skyler's sawdust winnings.
 And the fun continues!


So. . .you basically toss these golf ball string contraptions at these pvc ladder contraptions. :) If you wrap one of the ball thingys around a pvc thingy you get a point. The higher up, the more points.

There was a duck race. We picked the coolest ninja ducks!
 We ran away to have our own mini adventure. . .probably to his grandmother's (aka Mimi's) dismay.
Super full river.

Mud



. . We're in the ick-o mud pretty deep.


We might be a little more than a little dirty. .


How deep? Very deep.



Old mountain man Skyler. His walking stick proved helpful. . .maybe



Snot Nose? Super Nasty? Silly Ninjas? Oh yeah. Skyler Nikole


A true man is one who isn't afraid to get dirty. Right?

可爱吗?(cute?)

We tottttttaaaaalllly wrote a song.




Can you spot our ninjas?


Defeat.



Yes!


No.

Henry. Apparently visible to me only?
 Okay, so thanks to my grandma and sister, I think Skyler's birthday gift turned out pretty nice. It was my idea to woodburn, but my sister chose the box.
What I made Skyler.
 My grandma told me that I should give the dollar shirt to a missionary friend, and my sister picked the tie tac. Kinda.(Holly: What does he like? Me: Uh, sports and stuff. Holly: Does he like basketball? Me: Does he like basketball? Does Skyler like basketball? Skyler WILCOX? Does he like it? Why yes. Yes he does.) I approved. BUT it was MY idea to put the tie tac on the dollar. . .so there.
 Finally, Skyler treated me to Aggie ice cream! Which driving home, I realized was kind of lame of me to let him do. It was his birthday! I should have treated him to the most amazing ice cream ever. I'm lame. :(
On the way from the Aggie Ice Cream Place to his house, Skyler drove by my favorite temple :) You know when you fall and you get that little heart beat skip thing? I don't know if it was because I got to see one of the most beautiful interesting temples in the world or if it was because Skyler was nice enough to let me. .but that happened.:)

In any case, today was a really great day. I met a lot of incredible people, became a photographer, lost epically at most everything, enjoyed the sun, had a mini adventure, laughed A LOT, and ate lots of good food. So thank you Skyler for the great day. And thank you Skyler's family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment